Board highlights from the February, March, and April meetings:
- Finalized bid package for balcony renovation project, with final bids from six contractors due back by the end of April, and a winning bid to be chosen thereafter.
- Conducted spot tests of balconies that turned up some minor asbestos content, which will be addressed by a qualified contractor during reconstruction.
- Submitted application for J-51 tax abatement on completed façade/roof project, which should result in significant tax savings for our building starting in 2017 or 2018. (While individual shareholders’ tax bills will not be affected, the lowered costs will help the building replenish our savings and avoid assessments.)
- Approved replacement of eight roof fans that were performing poorly or not at all.
- Approved future installation of cameras in compactor rooms to help ensure appropriate disposal of trash and recyclables by all residents.
- Purchased new LED fixtures for building entrances, which our superintendent, Efrain, has since installed.
- Approved repair of broken trash compactor in basement trash room.
- Ensured that management is handling various reports of leaks, with a few more still being addressed.
- Had Efrain test and bleed radiators in multiple apartments, in an attempt to cut down on noise from pipes when the heat goes on. This investigation is continuing.